Food Production Manager
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Senior Manager for Food Production and Mensa for overall supervision of food preparation, inventory, cost control, and assisting with recipe and menu development. The Food Production Manager will assist in developing our new vision for dining services which seeks to educate and celebrate the diversity of cuisine and culture; one that challenges students to grapple with fact-based American History, often told through food; one that supports diversity, but at the same time, inclusion; and one that our students find challenging, but also deeply satisfying.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for training, supervision and evaluation of student, part-time and full-time production staff. Supervise and direct production staff including determining production amounts, batch cooking and other food production procedures. Schedule and coordinate food production for special events. Coordinate with all staff and assist in all areas as needed to maintain quality of food and service. (40%)
- Conduct weekly inventory. Utilize computer systems to manage recipes and menus, help determine and place food orders and coordinate the receiving of food and supplies. Assist with end of year inventory. Maintain appropriate food cost and inventory levels. (14%)
- Supervise and assist in preparation of food for board plan and special dining. (20%)
- Assist with recipe and menu development for all areas. (16%)
- Incorporate input from groups on campus dedicated to diversity and inclusion (e.g., Diversity and Inclusion Council) to ensure collaborations that advance the vision of exploring culture with cuisine. (6%)
- Serve on management team that determines policies and procedures of the department. Provide management direction and coverage for operations. (2%)
- Ensure that safety, sanitation, and security policies are developed and followed. (2%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Employee proceeds independently, working toward established objectives, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. Employee prioritizes own work and refers unusual cases to supervisor.
Culinary Arts degree preferred, plus five years of related work experience including supervisory experience. Bachelor’s degree in food service or related area preferred. Should have familiarity with a variety of cuisines. Strong math and computer skills, customer service skills, business acumen, and a passion for education. Must be able to work flexible schedule based on business need. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time