Dining Services Supervisor
Title of Position – Dining Services Supervisor
Preparation Date: September 11, 2019
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Dining Service Manager and Student Employment Coordinator for set up, service and clean up. The main focus of this position is to assist in providing quality customer service; and to assist with training and supervision of student staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
1) Assist in set up, service and cleanup of food service areas including service areas, dining room and dish room. Maintain aesthetics and sanitation standards in all areas. (30%)
2) Train and supervise student staff; assist in scheduling, evaluation of student staff. (30%)
3) Wait on customers and prepare food. Ensure that customer service and food quality standards are met. Solicit and respond to customer feedback. (25%)
4) Insure that specific recipes and methods of food production and service are followed. Record amounts used, and gather data for such reports at end of meal. (10%)
5) Record and recommend product usage. Communicate and collaborate with other operational areas to insure highest quality products and services. (10%)
6) Assist in daily maintenance of the facility and all equipment; assist in execution of recycling, composting, laundry and other programs. (3%)
7) Ensure compliance of federal, state, and institutional codes and policies. (2%)
8) Other duties as assigned.
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and consults with the supervisor on unusual cases.
Three years of education and/or experience in food service or related area; supervisory experience; math proficiency using calculator, decimals and fractions; ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Position involves frequent standing, walking, use of hands and lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.
Application Procedure:Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Wartburg College is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively seeks applications from women and members of ethnic and minority groups.
Type of Employment: Full-Time