Dining Service Assistant Manager
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Dining Service Manager for execution of set up, service and clean up activities related to Mensa and other services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assist in set up, service and cleanup of food service operations on a shared basis. Assist in implementing ID checking and cashiering procedures for board plan students. Assist with timekeeping maintenance and audits. (60%)
- Assist with managing student employees and implementing employment policies. Conduct student employee training, supervise daily tasks and conduct student employee performance appraisals. (15%)
- Supervise and assist in execution of recycling, detail cleaning, and maintenance programs. Ensure that safety, sanitation and security policies are followed. (10%)
- Assist with development of student manager program including recruiting, hiring, training and evaluation of student managers. Conduct student manager meetings. (9%)
- Assist with maintaining aesthetically pleasing service areas and seasonal decoration. (2%)
- Serve on management team that determines policies and procedures of the department. Provide management direction and coverage for operations. (2%)
- Assist with dishware and uniform inventory. Help research and recommend items for purchase. (2%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Employee proceeds independently, working toward established objectives, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. Employee prioritizes own work and refers unusual cases to supervisor.
Requires 7 years of experience in food service or Associates degree plus 3 years of experience; also requires supervisory, computer, problem-solving, communication skills, and business acumen. Experience as a Wartburg student employee in Dining Services qualifies as relevant. Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and work a flexible schedule based on business need.
Send letter of application which includes the qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, curriculum vita or résumé, final transcript, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See http://www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time