Dining Service Assistant Manager
Title of Position: Dining Service Assistant Manager
Preparation Date: August 30, 2019
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Dining Service Manager for execution of set up, service and cleaning up activities related to Mensa and other services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Supervise and assist in set up, service and cleanup of food service operations on a shared basis. Assist in implementing ID checking and cashiering procedures for board plan students. (60%)
2) Assist with managing student employees and implementing employment policies. Conduct student employee training, supervise daily tasks and conduct student employee performance appraisals. (15%)
3) Supervise and assist in execution of recycling, laundry, and maintenance programs. Ensure that safety, sanitation and security policies are followed. (10%)
4) Assist with development of student manager program including recruiting, hiring, training and evaluation of student managers. Conduct student manager meetings. (9%)
5) Assist with maintaining aesthetically pleasing service areas and seasonal decoration. (2%)
6) Serve on management team that determines policies and procedures of the department. Provide management direction and coverage for operations. Respond to comment cards via email, online and posting. (2%)
7) Assist with dishware and uniform inventory. Help research and recommend items for purchase. (2%)
8) Perform other related duties as assigned.
Employee proceeds independently, working toward established objectives, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. Employee prioritizes own work and refers unusual cases to supervisor.
Requires an Associate’s degree in food service or related program plus 3 years of experience in food service or bachelor’s degree plus one year of experience; also requires supervisory, computer, problem-solving, and communication skills, and business acumen. Experience as a Wartburg student employee in Dining Services qualifies as relevant. Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and work a flexible schedule based on business need.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Wartburg College is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively seeks applications from women and members of ethnic and minority groups.
Type of Employment: Full-Time