Bartender - Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center
The bartender is responsible for the service of all beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. They must be personable, professional and able to work in an ever-changing fast-paced environment. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
· Must demonstrate ability to meet the company standard for excellent in the areas of guest service, interaction with co-workers and uniform standards.
· Follow the bar pre-shift notes and bar menus and provide service as described.
· Serve alcoholic beverages following all proper procedures for serving alcoholic drinks including state/federal regulations pertaining to the distribution of alcohol.
· Responsible to learn or have knowledge of various beer, wine varieties & spirits available, and be able to learn to suggestively upsell products to guests.
· Must pour drinks responsibly in accordance with company standards for serving size.
· Must check guest’s ID in accordance with state/federal regulations to verify minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
· Must communicate a cut-off to a guest as required.
· Listening and responding to any customer requests or concerns.
· Bartenders are expected to de-escalate intoxicated guest situations. If a guest becomes confrontational, belligerent, or uses extreme profanity, the bartender may contact management or security as required.
· Contact a management member if he/she is unable to resolve or make a decision beyond the scope of standard decision-making.
· Request additional product or restock product as required.
· Ability to handle cash accurately is required. Employee is responsible for issued bank at his/her bar.
· Maintains clean and sanitary work station at all times. Ensures bar equipment is clean & well maintained.
· Other duties as assigned such as set-up and breakdown of bar equipment as required and assisting with organization of the cooler.
· Six months or more experience bartending or bartending school preferred.
· Accurate cash handling skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to be self-directed while working in a team-oriented environment.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and long hours.
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting