The following statements are intended as general examples of the duties of this position and are not all-inclusive for specific positions. Other reasonable duties may be assigned.
- Ensure at all times operating principles are being adhered to:
- Clean – Keep all areas clean and pristine.
- Safe – Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Friendly – Get to know our guests and build genuine relationships with them.
- Fun – Have fun! Be interactive with all internal and external guests while maintaining professional standards.
- Display “Family Style Service” to deliver the best experience to our guests:
- Give a Family Style Service Signature Welcome and Parting interaction– We treat strangers like friends and friends like family.
- Assist in creating a Strong Team – Strong Teams are those that work together toward a common goal.
- Display a Positive Attitude– Team Members and Guests expect you to be hospitable; display a genuine desire to reach a positive outcome in every situation.
- Adhere to department service standards of being accommodating, accurate and attentive.
- Interact effectively and courteously with all guests and employees and demonstrate resiliency to deal with difficult situations in all types of business conditions.
- Provides superior guest service, positive interactions with guests and employees.
- Responsible for complete and accurate set-up and breakdown of all catering/banquet functions in a timely manner to include fixtures, accessories, glassware, tableware and other supplies.
- Clean-up and secure banquet equipment and assist with inventory control.
- Assure the efficient, smooth serving of a large quantity of guests in a timely manner.
- Ensure the safety and security of guests and employees.
- Responsible for fulfilling customer requests for food, beverages, etc.
- Assists other departments and company personnel, as necessary, to ensure the successful performance of banquets and the overall success of the company.
- Assists manager to ensure compliance of sanitation laws, health regulations and applicable OSHA regulations.
- Assists with training, implementation and follow through of all training materials to ensure proper training of staff.
- Completes all company-required training within designated time frames.
- Actively attend and participate in BEO meetings when schedule allows.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility, with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to bend, walk, stand, and twist as required
- Must be able to lift 110 lbs. with assistance, and 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Pulling/ Pushing: Up to 500 lbs.
- Availability to work scheduled work days, 7 days a week with varied hours.
- Ability to cope with the stress of a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to convey verbal and written information.
- Must have problem solving ability.
- Performs respective routine tasks, by variable demands and changing conditions.
- Must relay simple information verbally.
- Must be able to take initiative.
- Must be able to work in various work conditions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to prioritize appropriately.
- Fast paced work environment
- Smoke exposure
- Loud noise and variable lighting situations
- Interaction with internal and external guest
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Training/Experience: 3-5 years food and beverage experience, 1-2 years supervising experience preferred
- Ability to observe and give appropriate feedback on the performance of staff and document, if necessary, course of action.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and all levels of employees through written and verbal reporting.
- Ability to move effectively and efficiently throughout all banquet space and back of house.
- Ability to analyze and interpret operation results, solve problems and perform duties under pressure in an interruptive environment.
- Willingness to assume overall responsibility relative to the performance of the events in the absence of the department manager.
- Ability to work in a brightly lit, smoke filled, environment with above average noise.
- Must be able to receive and maintain all required certification.
- Must complete all required company training.
- Alcohol awareness training required.
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting