Vendor & Purchasing Analyst
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
• Support continued alignment with the organization’s strategic priorities and the vendors
• Support the overall satisfactions of the end customer receiving the vendors goods and services
• Support corporate financial decisions through the implementation and performance of analysis of multiple sources of financial and operational data. Analysis includes but is not limited to corporate strategic planning support, capital budgeting/forecasting.
• Develop, implement, and apply proven accounting, analytical and problem-solving methods to inform the creation of effective financial models.
• Implement and perform analytics and data mining to identify cost efficiencies, and other items which support corporate or horizontal objectives.
• Develop and provide post-project analysis and create reporting up-dates in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements and outcomes.
• Serve as resource for team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform contract negotiation, review and approval
• Perform vendor assessments on an annual basis to determine vendor compliance with policies and procedures
• Manage and maintain vendor certification information (i.e. small business, minority owned etc.)
• Analyze and improve existing organizational purchasing processes and delivery systems
• Develop and perform advanced financial analyses on organizational projects and initiatives in support of business cases, including the provision of payback, NPV, and IRR
• Develop long-range analyses and reports supporting corporate strategic plan.
• Develop and provide reports, analyses, and key performance indicators to assist in monitoring and achieving productivity and profitability.
• Work collaboratively with vendors and internal customers to build a framework for strategic vendor relationships.
• Understand internal customer and vendor business goals and strategies with the intent of establishing and managing to a common set of goals.
• Develop and perform post-implementation analyses of projects/initiatives to ensure business case and return objectives achieved.
• Implement and manage capital project planning process. Monitor and report on predicted vs. actual ROI’s for all items.
• Design and perform process improvement reviews, including the development of advanced flow charts and documentation of processes.
• Demonstrate ability to participate in and oversee multiple analytic efforts and quality checks concurrently.
• Coach operational and cross-functional teams in preparing final deliverables.
• Take macro view of industry and incorporate said view into team.
• Generate innovative approaches to address business problems.
• Demonstrate commitment to planning and discipline.
• Ensure that team members are focused on delivery goals.
• Demonstrate exceptional ability to manage customers and stakeholder expectations and priorities.
• Prepare and educate to ensure that assignment hand-off results in successful execution.
• Value diversity of ideas.
• The Company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
• BS/BA Degree required in Finance, Economics, General Business or related field.
• Three to six years of managing contract and vendor relationships.
• Strong negotiation, relationship and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of best practices and the methodologies and processes used for vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, understand and interpret financial and business modeling required.
• Understanding of internal decision making and the decision making that occurs among vendors.
• Strong dispute resolutions and mediation skills to handle issue escalation and to drive win-win outcomes for both parties.
• Strong ability to communicate with users and business leaders to understand requirements, expectations and value measures.
• Knowledge of market trends in contract and pricing models, service delivery and performance management innovations.
• Excellent written, oral and collaboration skills.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives and this position’s role in accomplishing these goals and objectives.
• Ability to work in cross-functional team environment.
• Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Products, such as Excel, Access and PowerPoint, required.
• You must be able to obtain government clearance after hire.
• US Citizenship is required by the US government in order to obtain government clearance.
CBE Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CBE Companies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, gender (including gender identity and transgender status), genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected statuses in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Background check and drug testing required.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting