Student Account Specialist
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Director of Student Accounts for the preparation of and processing of student account information including charges, receipts, in-house student loans, monthly statements, collections, due diligence, and auditing of reports. This is a full-time, twelve-month position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Access administrative systems for the Business Office and Financial Aid Office to assist students, families, faculty, and staff with the following (35%)
• explain account information
• research and resolve account questions,
• process receipts and transactions accurately and timely,
• assist with monthly payment plan questions, cancellations, and rebalances.
2. Responsible for the following related to student accounts (35%):
• coordinate and generate charges/adjustments with other departments (such as Residential Life, Dining Services, Financial Aid, Registrar Office, and faculty/staff),
• prepare promissory notes, loan commitment disclosures, and amortization schedules for in-house loans,
• assess monthly finance charges,
• prepare monthly statements for current and prior students.
3. Coordinate and execute collections and due diligence on in-house loans, tuition accounts, and other accounts. (10%)
4. Negotiate repayment terms for loans, collection accounts, and past due student accounts (7%)
5. Serve as the primary back-up for the Student Account Counselor. (5%)
6. Process mail and receipts for payments on student accounts. (2%)
7. Assist with the annual audit. (2%)
8. Participate in on-going process improvements and document processes related to job duties (2%).
9. Perform other related duties as assigned. (2%)
Employee is expected to proactively communicate and collaborate with Business Office and Financial Aid staff and other campus partners. Employee is expected to demonstrate initiative and pursue completion of all objectives, planning and prioritizing their own work and resolving unusual cases in consultation with their supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting or 3 years of equivalent experience. Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office environment; strong Excel skills; accounting knowledge and strong commitment to customer service.
Send a letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, resume, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
WARTBURG COLLEGE is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively seeks applications from women and members of ethnic and minority groups.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting