Commercial Lines Sales Professional
PDCM is searching for a dynamic and self-motivated sales professional for our Commercial Lines Department. This position will be responsible for developing new business opportunities and maintaining existing client accounts. This full-time position provides a competitive benefits package.
- Consultative Sales: Build a network of professional contacts and develop potential clients, in addition to further development of existing client relationships. Manage the sales cycle through effective organizational, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Business Knowledge: Comprehend news and data regarding the economy, medical trends, court trends, compliance components and how those relate to risk for an organization. Continually invest time in learning and studying business acumen skills and risk management trends.
- Relationship Development: Build and maintain relationships with insurance carriers through networking and effective communication. Actively participate in community involvement opportunities to develop and grow a professional network.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Establish a collaborative working dynamic with team members for effective performance throughout the sales process. Collect financial and business data for Account Managers to include in proposals.
- Communication and Negotiation: Deliver executive-level presentations explaining PDCM’s products and differentiating qualities. Maintain a thorough understanding of all PDCM products. Explain proposals, pricing, and processes to clients and effectively troubleshoot potential claims inquiries.
- Analytical: Investigative approach to examining financial data and the ability to explain financial instruments. Thoroughly research and investigate client data and documentation.
- Previous consulting or sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, maintain confidentiality, and provide attention to detail.
- A self-starter, imaginative, and creative.
- Adaptable to the changes in our industry and with our clients’ needs.
- Obtainment and maintenance of State of Iowa, position-relevant insurance licenses. Obtainment and maintenance of position-relevant certifications, such as Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) or Certified Risk Manager (CRM), is preferred but not required.
- Valid driver’s license.
PDCM blends a century of experience with industry innovation to bring you a different approach to managing risk and insurance. Our dedication and commitment to serving the business community has enabled us to become one of the most successful independent insurance agencies and consulting firms in Iowa.
For more information and to apply online, please click here.
.PDCM Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Type of Employment: Full-Time