Chief Operating Officer - PDCM Insurance
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) plays a pivotal role in implementing and driving the strategic initiatives of PDCM. This position is responsible for identifying and implementing process efficiencies, closing gaps with effectiveness, and ensuring the seamless coordination and collaboration of various functions within the organization.
Apply on our website at: https://www.pdcm.com/about/careers/
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with PDCM’s leadership team to execute the agency’s strategic initiatives and long-term vision. Lead and oversee key projects, ensuring timely completion and alignment with agency goals. Identify areas for improvement and implement streamlined processes to enhance operational efficiency.
- Foster a culture of collaboration with coordinated efforts across departments and ensure effective communication at all levels of the organization. Coordinate and collaborate with Patriot as needed, in a timely manner. Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive employee information and records.
- Lead the direction and oversee PDCM's yearly budget, crafting, executing, and overseeing budgetary strategies in alignment with the agency's goals. Engage with agency leadership to set financial goals, identify causes of budget variances, and implement targeted solutions.
- Generate and analyze month-end reports to evaluate performance and make data-driven decisions. Monitor and manage aged receivables to optimize cash flow and financial stability.
- Oversee salary administration and compensation plans to attract and retain top talent.
- Develop and support community initiatives to enhance PDCM’s community presence and engagement. Collaborate with the marketing team to drive agency growth and brand awareness.
- Oversee office operations to ensure a well-organized and efficient workplace.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and industry regulations to maintain the highest level of service and professionalism.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices to continuously enhance client service and team performance.
- Lead and motivate the Administration team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment. Set clear performance expectations for the team and provide constructive feedback to support their growth and success.
- Support the development of new team members, providing mentorship and guidance to help them grow professionally within the organization. Provide ongoing training and development opportunities to team members, enhancing their job skills and knowledge.
- Manage administrative tasks related to the team, such as processing payroll, approving time off, conducting employee reviews, and participate in the hiring of new team members.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess strong leadership skills to effectively guide and inspire teams, provide direction, and drive performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey human resources information clearly and transparently with employees.
- Proficiency using various software and tools, including computer systems, scanners, printers, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and implement innovative solutions to optimize processes, streamline operations and workflow efficiency.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to analyze complex scenarios and develop solutions for clients.
- Detail-oriented and organized with excellent project management abilities.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, staying updated on HR trends, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Adhere to ethical standards and maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive employee information.
Education and Experience:
- 7 or more years of insurance industry experience including previous experience in a management position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
About PDCM: With roots dating back more than 100 years, PDCM blends a century of experience with industry innovation to bring you a completely different approach to managing risk and insurance. Our personalized advisers use PDCM’s unique Risk Reduction Approach to take a comprehensive look at our client’s needs and customize a plan for their family or business. Our dedication and commitment to serving the community has enabled us to become one of the most successful independent insurance agencies and consulting firms in Iowa.About Patriot: Founded in 2019, Patriot is a growth-focused national insurance services firm that partners with employee benefits and property & casualty agencies across the United States. We are committed to working with like-minded individuals that share our vision of creating an insurance agency focused on operational excellence and a relentless pursuit of growth. Our collaborative model delivers resources and strategic support to its agencies, whose leaders continue to operate with a high degree of autonomy in their local markets. Patriot’s unique equity model creates alignment with its partner agencies, and its operating philosophy fosters enhanced career opportunities for its dedicated associates. With 100+ offices in 23 states and more than 1,700 professionals, Patriot is a top 60 U.S privately held insurance agency that ranks in the top-20 amongst privately held employee benefits agencies.
Patriot offers the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company at its inception. We strive to create a flexible and collaborative environment for our employees, and our goal is to provide enhanced career opportunities for our dedicated and professional team.
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a comprehensive health and welfare program to employees, family members and domestic partners. Employees are eligible for benefits coverage the first of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) and Commuter Transit Programs
- Company paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Group Term Life
- Company paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid holidays
- Personalized PTO
- 401 (k)
Patriot Growth Insurance Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. Patriot makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our EEO and DE&I Policy: Patriot's EEO and DEI Policy
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting