Business Development Advisor
We are looking for high-energy, motivated, and friendly sales professionals to join our team. As a Business Development Advisor, you’ll generate leads by utilizing your network and connections to introduce individuals to our unique approach to managing risk and insurance. This position will work closely with Producers and Account Executives throughout the agency to write new business in all product lines, including Personal Lines, Employee Benefits, Commercial Lines, OSHA Safety, and HR Consulting.
Job responsibilities include:
• Develop, maintain, and cultivate a network of professional contacts to enhance agency visibility and maximize new business opportunities with potential clients. Search for new business opportunities by using networking, cold calling, social media, personal contacts, and association events.
• Participate in events designed to promote brand awareness and educate consumers.
• Establish a collaborative working dynamic with team members for effective performance throughout the sales process.
• Meet or exceed established sales goal.
• Attend educational opportunities to maintain position knowledge and comply with insurance standards and regulations.
• Maintain proper documentation of prospecting efforts in our agency management system.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of sales experience
• Ability to obtain required insurance licensing within 30 days of hire
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently with strong organizational and time-management skills
• Competitive spirit with a strong desire to learn
• Willingness to network and make prospecting calls/visits to acquire new business
• Comfort with operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Ability to travel to client meetings and community events
PDCM blends a century of experience with industry innovation to bring you a different approach to managing risk and insurance. Our dedication and commitment to serving the business community has enabled us to become one of the most successful independent insurance agencies and consulting firms in Iowa.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting