Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
This is working at EPI – connecting people, creating opportunities, and nurturing growth. Real career. Real purpose.
Exceptional Persons, Inc. has a Controller opportunity available for people looking to make a difference. Our CFO will live out our mission of connecting people, creating opportunities and nurturing growth.
As a CFO you will experience personal GROWTH opportunities through career advancement and CONNECT to a community that leads a greater PURPOSE!
Working for EPI has its benefits. Many benefits.
Full benefits are offered for full-time positions (30+ hours/week
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans (even pet insurance!)
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, and personal time offered)
- 401(k)* employer match up to 6% (also available to part-time employees) and flex spending plan
- Employee Assistance Program with access to free counseling, legal, financial and elder care consultation
- Paid training
- Immediate employee discounts (vehicle repair, gym memberships, and more!)
This is what you'll get to do. Real career. Real purpose.
- Lead the development of the agency’s overall strategy for financial sustainability, supported by scenario planning and forecasting to inform current-year and multi-year budgets.
- Partner with the Executive Director and other agency leadership on all operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Oversee budget preparation including data reflecting long-range economic trends and projections of their impact on future growth and changes in services.
- Maintain agency fiscal policies and procedures including full documentation of processes and application of internal control with Board approval of policies and ensure agency compliance.
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations, including the management of income, expenses, assets, and liabilities of the agency.
- Review and provide recommendation of all agency contracts and grants.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance with all financial functions and transactions.
- Lead and coordinate all audit activities.
- Applies and stays current on nonprofit audit best practices, state and federal laws regarding nonprofit operations, and fiscal management of contract or grant funds.
- Provide leadership, direction and management of accounting, payroll, business services team. Responsible for hiring, performance management, training, and coaching of assigned staff.
- Oversees insurance management including but not limited to review and recommendation of property, package, umbrella, cyber, vehicle, professional liability and directors and officers errors and omissions coverage.
Here's what we're looking for. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
- Experience with disaster recovery planning, testing, auditing, risk analysis, business resumption planning, contingency planning and contract and vendor negotiation.
- Ability to develop and implement budgets with multiple cost centers and complete financial reporting in compliance with applicable standards.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and general financial and accounting practices, policies and procedures, including specific knowledge of current laws and regulations.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends, consequences and build the organization framework to address dynamic circumstances.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision and building a supporting budget.
- Ability to lead, coordinate and provide oversight for multiple functional departments and programs.
- Effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills, including developed negation and advocacy skills and the ability to forge professional relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders that supports the agency’s mission and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or MBA.
- Seven or more (7+) years’ of progressively responsible work experience managing accounting functions, budgetary development, financial reporting and analysis.
- Certified Public (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) - preferred
- Experience in a non-profit setting - preferred
- This position requires a valid driver's license, and the ability to pass an extensive background check, including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and a criminal history check.
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Partial remote work possible
Post job offer drug screen required.
EPI is an equal opportunity employer.
Real Career! Real Purpose!
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting