Camps, Conferences, Front Desk Services, and Event Scheduling Manager
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Director of Dining Services for overseeing campus-wide schedules, managing camps, conferences, special events, the Ticket Office, and the Information Desk. Evening and weekend hours are necessary. Represents the College to the public and coordinates services provided across campus.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- communicate event needs and follow up with issues and implementation. Assist with development of the annual calendar for the College. Prepare and distribute sales orders, event orders, event schedules and other needed communication, utilizing appropriate systems (i.e. Astra, Excel, email). Communicate with other departments (marketing, academic areas, web page administrators, office coordinators) to ensure accurate information and timely execution of events. Chair meetings related to communicating needed services such as student center weekly event set up meetings and summer camp and conference meetings. Serve as Astra system administrator; utilize system and help train others to use system as needed. (35%)
- . Serve as salesperson and event contact for camps, conferences, and event planning; make program recommendations and provide price quotations, make menu recommendations, facilitate contract completion, and assist with preparation of final billing. Administer and execute contracts for camps, conferences and events. Recommend event timing and adjustments in order to properly accommodate needs or improve event success. (30%)
- Coordinate and assist with events. Maintain historical records for future planning. Solicit customer feedback. (15%)
- Hire, supervise, train and evaluate Ticket Office, Information Center, and Camp and Conference staff. Create work schedules, set staff up in College systems, and approve time. Manage labor budgets for assigned areas. Arrange for proper signage for student center events. (10%)
- Manage Front Desk Services including the Ticket Office and Information Desk. Recommend hours of operation and operational policies. Direct on-site and will-call ticket sales, collaborate with clients (such as Christmas with Wartburg, ETK, Symphony) and staff regarding special seating arrangements and pricing, insure accurate deposits, billing and account reconciling. Coordinate and execute seating assignments with IT and event staff. Handle elevated customer service issues for both areas. (8%)
- Serve as a member of the Dining and Hospitality management team. Order flowers, arrange for additional supplies and services, and recommend decor for events. Recommend hours and service availability to enhance service and sales, based on campus activities, policies and procedures. Implement approved systems and participate in on-going evaluation and improvement of operations. Assist in office suite to help maintain customer service. (2%)
- Other duties as assigned.
Employee proceeds independently, working toward established objectives, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. Employee prioritizes own work and refers unusual cases to supervisor.
Requires BA degree in communication, business, or related field, and two years of related experience; proficiency with computer software applications and an understanding of data base systems; excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Flexibility, creativity, problem-solving skills, and a positive attitude are essential in this position. Prefer special event planning experience.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time