Civil Engineering Technician
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates (CGA) seeks full-time well-rounded Civil Engineering Technician for our Ackley office. We are a growing civil engineering and land surveying firm based in Central Iowa years for 60 years. We are looking for you to collaborate with our design and construction phase services teams with strong technical capacity and problem-solving skills. We work on a wide variety of large and small projects ranging from small residential and commercial site plans, to large 80+ acre industrial and residential subdivisions, to local funded and federal aid highway and street projects.
In this role you will be an integral part of our design and construction teams, responsible for assisting civil engineers in planning, designing and providing construction observation services for the construction of utilities, streets, and other major public infrastructure projects, as well as commercial and residential land development.
- AA Degree in Construction or Civil Engineering Technology Degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of civil engineering application related to design, drafting, construction, surveying, materials testing, and field inspections
- Strong technical math skills.
- A working knowledge of 3-D surface models, projections and coordinate systems
- Ability to research, interpret, and compile analytical data.
- Very good data entry and typing skills required; accuracy a must.
- Knowledge of drafting standards.
- Familiar with field concepts, proficiencies, and procedures.
- Must be a self-starter, and be detail-oriented.
- Able to contribute in design reviews and improve job efficiencies.
- Proficient in the use of computerized office equipment and programs, including MS Office, MS Windows, and Adobe products.
- Highly motivated, resourceful and able to work independently with minimal direction
- 2+ Years’ Experience in a position with increasing responsibility as a Civil Engineering technician
- Proven ability to develop and produce civil engineering drawings in AutoCAD including experience with Civil 3D and/or other related AutoCAD based design aid software packages.
- Survey experience, field and/or office, is a plus, and the position may involve some construction observation depending on workload.
- MicroStation and GEO Pack experience will be a plus
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Clapsaddle- Garber Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Type of Employment: Full-Time