Assistant Professor in Engineering Science
POSITION: Department of Biochemistry/Chemistry/Engineering; tenure-track
TITLE: Assistant Professor in Engineering Science
STARTING DATE: Fall 2023
DEADLINE: Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
- Earned doctorate or ABD in an area of engineering that enhances or complements the expertise provided by the current faculty. (Current faculty hold doctorates in mechanical and aerospace engineering.)
- A record of successful undergraduate teaching.
- A commitment to providing high-quality engineering instruction in a liberal arts environment
- A record of successful scholarship and promise of continued success in an undergraduate setting.
- Teach the equivalent of seven course per year in Fall, Winter, and May Terms. Courses will be assigned on the basis of the particular skills and experience of the faculty member and will be drawn from Engineering Design, Engineering Mechanics, Thermal Sciences, Material Science, Engineering Economy, Electrical and Electronic Systems, and Engineering Management.
- Provide academic and career advice to Engineering majors and minors.
- Perform departmental and college service. This includes program assessment and improvement processes, new student recruiting, service on faculty committees, and development and maintenance of departmental laboratory facilities.
- Develop and maintain an active program of scholarship and professional development
- As needed, participate in developing and delivering courses in general education.
CONTRACT: Nine-month, tenure-track contract.
Send curriculum vita, unofficial graduate transcripts, contact information for three professional references, and a letter of application describing your teaching, scholarship, and service experience/interests and how these will support the distinctive mission and institutional learning outcomes of Wartburg College. In the application letter, please also address any experiences you have working with diverse groups of students. This information should be submitted electronically to: HR@wartburg.edu. For specific inquiries contact Dr. Dan Black, chair of the search committee (Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org). For further information about the college and the city of Waverly, see http://www.wartburg.edu. For information about the Biochemistry/Chemistry/Engineering Department, see https://www.wartburg.edu/engineering. Wartburg College requires a criminal background check for position finalists.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting