Adjunct Certified Nurse Aide Instructor
Have a passion for Long-term Care? Enjoy working with students? Have you considered nursing education as a professional growth area?
Hawkeye Community College is looking for Nurses who are interested in part-time teaching assignments to join their team. Classes may be held during days, evenings, and/or weekends and may be at various sites and in various formats. Individuals will plan and guide the learning processes for students toward the achievement of curricular goals and objectives as identified and documented in course outline materials. Other responsibilities include employing instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting objectives: assessing the accomplishments of students on a regular basis according to department policies and procedures: and providing progress reports (evaluations and grades/certificates) as required.
Essential Job Functions
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implements Hawkeye’s mission, vision, program outcomes and course objectives through clinical teaching, maintaining positive relationships with our clinical partners.
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to facilities policies and procedures.
- Keeps the course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns.
- Works with college administration, staff and other faculty members to improve the overall operation of the college and student success rates.
- Serves as a professional role model for other faculty, staff, and students in the area of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, dress, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Evaluates weekly assignments in a timely manner. Provides feedback to student on level of performance based on course objectives.
- Adheres to applicable regulatory rules and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse and two years of full-time or equivalent part-time hours as a nurse OR a Licensed Practical Nursing two years of nursing experience in a long-term care facility.
- Associate degree in nursing acceptable for Certified Nurse Aide lecture
- Possess a current, unencumbered license in Iowa or Iowa eligible.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to positively interact with students, staff and faculty.
- Have passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning.
- Current Certification in:
- Basic Life Support
- HIPAA (or willing to obtain after hired)
- Bloodborne Pathogens (or willing to obtain after hired)
- Mandatory Reporter (or willing to obtain after hired)
- 16-hour Nurse Aide Train the Trainer (or willing to obtain after hired)
- Four years or more of professional experience in a Long-term Care Center.
- Classes may be held during days, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Part-time teaching assignments may be at various sites and in various formats.
Requires skills for succeeding in a classroom and/or clinical environment, using technology. Requires good hand-eye coordination including visual acuity to use a keyboard and read technical information; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp. Work is performed in a classroom, lab, and/or clinical setting. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours. During course of day, interact with students, faculty and staff in person, by telephone and computer.
- Complete online application at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/employment and upload the following required materials:
- Submit/upload a cover letter
- Submit/upload a resume,
- Submit/upload 3 professional references with a minimum of two being past/current supervisors.
- Completed applications that include required materials will be reviewed upon submission.
Hawkeye Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to equity and diversity in its educational services and employment practices: https://www.hawkeyecollege.edu/about/diversity-inclusion/equal-opportunity. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex; race; age; color; creed; national origin; religion; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; or actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices. Veteran status is also included to the extent covered by law. Any person alleging a violation of equity regulations shall have the right to file a formal complaint. Inquiries concerning application of this statement should be addressed to: Equity Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator for employees, 319-296-4405; or Title IX Coordinator for students, 319-296-4448; Hawkeye Community College, 1501 East Orange Road, P.O. Box 8015, Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015; or email equity-titleIX@hawkeyecollege.edu, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
If any applicant is in need of a reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please notify a member of Human Resource Services.
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting