Paraeducator- Cedar Valley Catholic Schools
POSITION NAME: PARAEDUCATOR
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT, NON-CERTIFIED
OPERATIONS & HR DIRECTOR
BOARD OF EDUCATION
EFFECTIVE DATE: 09/15/2022
- Support and foster the Christian uniqueness of the learning community.
- Use Gospel values as the basis for decision-making.
- Possess an ability to be flexible, adaptive, and cooperative.
- High School or Technical School graduate is required.
- Demonstrates aptitude for successful fulfillment of assigned responsibilities.
- Displays patience and understanding.
- Possess the organizational and technological skills required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (The essential functions/major responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
- Support and promote the philosophy of Catholic education and contribute to building a spirit of unity within the school and the Cedar Valley Catholic Schools System.
- Comply with rules and objectives of the school, Cedar Valley Catholic Schools, and the Archdiocese of Dubuque.
- Promote positive public relations with staff, parents, and the public in all daily contacts especially in telephone conversations and school visitations.
- Monitor, observe and support student behaviors in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop rapport and interact effectively with students.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with staff, students and families in a professional manner.
- Ability to support and reinforce learning with students either one on one or in small group settings.
- Ability to assist in classroom to support learning, assist with understanding and provide additional assistance to students when needed.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of the physical capabilities that must be met by an employee and the working conditions that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Type of Employment: Seasonal