Faculty - Industrial Automation Instructor
Faculty: Industrial Automation Instructor
Reports To: Dean of Applied Technologies
The Industrial Automation department is seeking a full-time faculty member to provide high-quality Industrial Automation instruction.
Are you passionate about making an impact and empowering others with life changing opportunities? Is it your time to be the difference? If so, Hawkeye Community College has a great opportunity for you.
We are interested in finding a knowledgeable, positive professional role model to lead our students. The college provides a two-year faculty induction & mentoring program to support our newest faculty members. The public wants training opportunities and the industry needs trained professionals – it is a great time for our program to address both.
Our full-time nine-month contractual position, to begin in August of 2022, will be teaching in the Industrial Automation discipline with a focus on Electrical and PLC instruction. Instructional assignments may include, but are not limited to: Electrical Systems, PLC Systems, Motors, Controls, Instrumentation and Troubleshooting. The successful candidate will be committed to promoting diversity and inclusion. Teaching assignments may include days and evenings, and various sites and formats. A full-time teaching load of 15 credit hours per term is typical.
Hawkeye Community College is a comprehensive community college focused on meeting the needs of the community by providing quality, affordable learning experiences for a diverse student body through our Adult Learning Center, Business and Community Education Department as well as through more than 50 career and technical programs and liberal arts transfer programs. Hawkeye Community College’s mission is about empowering students, strengthening businesses and enriching communities with a vision to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve.
Essential Job Functions
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides instruction in electrical systems, PLC systems, motors, controls, instrumentation and troubleshooting.
- Uses various instructional modalities.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are appropriate for meeting stated objectives, assessing accomplishments of students on a regular basis, and providing progress reports as requested and required.
- Formulates and maintains curriculum for assigned courses.
- Supervises and advises students.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with the Dean, supervisors, other faculty, the Advisory Committee, all divisions of the College, prospective employers, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 6000 hours (3 years) of recent relevant work experience in Industrial Maintenance/Automation.
- Demonstrated capacity to teach practical applications.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills to positively interact with students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, maintain student confidence and protect operational integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations (faculty, staff, students, and general public).
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through inclusive behaviors and helping contribute to a culture of inclusivity, and a vibrant, diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Automation or closely related field
- Post-secondary education teaching experience
Full time, nine-month contractual position beginning in August 2022 with comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; personal and sick leave; tuition reimbursement; and a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution). Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s education and experience.
Requires skills for succeeding in a classroom and/or industrial laboratory setting, using technology. Requires good hand-eye coordination including visual acuity to use a keyboard and read technical information; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp. Work is performed in a classroom, lab, and/or clinical setting. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours. During course of day, interact with students, faculty and staff in person, by telephone and computer.
- Complete an online application at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/employment
- Submit/upload a resume.
- Submit/upload 3 references with a minimum of 1 being from a current/past supervisor.
- Submit/upload a cover letter addressing the following:
- Please list your industry certification and credentials
- Concisely explain how Manufacturing 4.0 will impact the Hawkeye Industrial Automation program.
- Explain your knowledge and familiarity with AMITROL training systems.
- Submit the online application and all required materials by Sunday May 22, 2022. Preference will be given to applicants who submit the required materials on or before May 22nd. This position will remain open until filled.
If any applicant is in need of a reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please notify a member of Human Resource Services.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting