Environmental Specialist, Iowa Waste Reduction Center
The Iowa Waste Reduction Center at the University of Northern Iowa is expanding its team. We’re looking for a driven individual with a passion for helping small businesses and the environment. As an Environmental Specialist, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist with the writing and implementation of grant and contract projects dealing with waste reduction, environmental compliance and recycling
- Assist with the creation and implementation of waste reduction and environmental compliance education programs and projects throughout the state
- Work with targeted industries to focus on specific waste reduction and pollution prevention techniques and opportunities
- Prepare written reports and manuals addressing business and industry projects
- Conduct on-site reviews of waste management and environmental compliance at the request of business and industry
- Prepare and conduct individual/group training and presentations for a variety of industries
- Develop curriculums based on the needs of industries served
- Research and develop new and innovative technologies and incorporate them into education and training
Criminal and other relevant background checks required. UNI actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University encourages applications from persons of color, women, individuals living with disabilities, and protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.
The University offers an excellent benefits package including a vacation plan, employer sponsored retirement plans, health and dental insurance, and life and disability insurance. Application materials received by March 5, 2021 will be given first consideration. For more information or to apply, visit http://jobs.uni.edu.
UNI is a tobacco free campus.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting