Child Care Consultant
This is working at EPI – connecting people, creating opportunities, and nurturing growth. Real career. Real purpose.
Exceptional Persons, Inc. has full-time opportunity available for people looking to make a difference in the lives of people based out of Allison, IA.
As a Child Care Consultant you will experience personal GROWTH opportunities through career advancement and CONNECT to a community that leads a greater PURPOSE.
- Schedule site visits with child care centers, preschools and child care homes for the purpose of maintaining regulatory requirements and pursuing participation in the Iowa Quality Rating System.
- Provide regular and ongoing support for registered child care providers and centers in target areas.
- Maintain accurate and current information in provider database through regular and routine recording (phone or personal).
- Schedule and manage duties related to child care provider training.
- Support community outreach efforts related to improving access to quality child care.
- Meet regularly with child care providers to identify their training needs and issues/concerns related to the provision of care.
- Assist providers in obtaining a level of competency in utilizing the Iowa Child Care
To be successful you will have:
- Knowledge of State childcare licensing standards and registration guidelines for childcare providers.
- Knowledge of basic professional technical assistance and consultation practices.
- Ability to work effectively with childcare providers.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to participate in events, training sessions and meetings (flexible hours, including evenings, overnights and weekends) throughout the region and state.
- General word processing and computer knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood, elementary education with an early childhood endorsement or closely related field.
- Two (2) years experience in childcare/education related field.
- This position requires a valid driver's license, auto insurance, a good driving record, and the ability to pass an extensive background check, including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and a criminal history check.
Post job offer drug screen required.
EPI is an equal opportunity employer.
Real Career! Real Purpose!
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting