Teller Service Representative
Starting wage: $14.54 Part-time: 30-35 hours a week
Under general supervision and in compliance with established policies and procedures, the Teller Service Representative is responsible for providing superior member service by conducting transactions accurately, assisting members with their financial goals, and promoting Veridian products and services.
- Create excellent service experiences that promote the Veridian brand.
- Understand and be familiar with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) guidelines.
- Conduct member transactions including: loan payments, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, etc.
- Complete member requests such as inquiries on certificates of deposit, processing wire transfers, ordering and blocking plastic cards, ordering checks, researching account information, etc.
- Actively cross-sell credit union services by providing information to current, new and potential members.
- Actively refer members to appropriate position and/or department within all Veridian Companies to best serve the member.
- Consistently achieve established monthly and annual sales and service goals.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Monitor necessary departmental files and reports, updating member information as required.
- Maintains member confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Balance cash box per teller balancing procedures.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Member service focus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Dependable and punctual; flexible during peak times.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to work without close supervision.
- Problem solving; analysis.
Required Education And Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Relevant work experience in the area of customer service and/or cash handling.
- Math and clerical aptitude.
- Fluent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
ABOUT VERIDIAN CREDIT UNION
Veridian Credit Union, founded in 1934 in Waterloo, Iowa, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative dedicated to partnering with members to create successful financial futures. Veridian offers a competitive salary, benefit and incentive package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; group term life insurance, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans; and a yearly incentive program. Employees enjoy a supportive work environment where diversity is valued.
Veridian Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting