NCAA Travel Coordinator
Short’s Travel Management (STM) is a family-owned, women-owned, private corporation. We are sports travel experts specializing in team travel, recruiting travel, group hotels, bus charters and air charters servicing hundreds of athletic departments each year. We move more student athletes than any other travel management company. STM’s mission is to enhance the experience of getting there, being there, and coming home. When you win, we all win!
The STM team strives to drive innovation, provide excellent service, and display teamwork, passion and dedication throughout the lifetime of our relationships. STM works with clients to customize travel programs to create efficiencies and maximize the value of our products and services.
Position: NCAA Travel Coordinator
As first contact for our NCAA university clients, this position is responsible for domestic and basic international customer travel requests from assigned athletic accounts for both group and individual travel during championship events. Travel requests are received and responded to via all means of business contact (phone, e-mail or portal) for air, hotel and car reservations in an efficient, courteous and timely manner. This position manages all functions relating to the booking, administrative and accounting tasks necessary to process electronic or other travel documents as it relates to customer requests and industry requirements, including support of on-line bookings. This position is located in our Waterloo, IA office. NOTE: This position can be remote for experienced agents.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge, skills and abilities utilizing industry and proprietary technology, including Smartpoint/Apollo and on-line booking tools.
- Communicates effectively and exhibits excellent customer service skills.
- Continuously strives to provide clients with a positive experience utilizing analytical and strategic skills.
- Positively contributes to the team environment.
- Understands the importance of quality and accountability with regards to revenue generating tasks and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a good team player; dependable and reliable; flexible with the ability to multi-task.
Microsoft Office skills preferred (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Associate’s degree and/or a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar customer service position.
- Travel Agency experience preferred, but not required.
- Flexibility to work overtime as well as evening and weekends shifts during peak business periods is required.
Compensation & Available Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation/Earned Time Off
Short’s Travel Management is an EOE employer.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting