Hotel Front Desk Clerk
The following statements are intended as general examples of the duties of this position and are not all-inclusive for specific positions. Other reasonable duties may be assigned.
1. Ensure at all times operating principles are being adhered to:
a. Clean – Keep all areas clean and pristine.
b. Safe – Follow all safety policies and procedures.
c. Friendly – Get to know our guests and build genuine relationships with them.
d. Fun – Have fun! Be interactive with all internal and external guests while maintaining professional standards.
2. Use the “WE CARE” formula to deliver the best experience to our guests:
1. Welcome – We treat strangers like friends and friends like family.
2. Excited – We are enthusiastic and eager. We perform at a level that exceeds guest expectations.
3. Comfortable – We provide a safe, relaxing and inviting environment.
4. Appreciated – We recognize the full value of our guests.
5. Respected – We see and value the uniqueness in each guest and approach each guests needs with dignity and integrity.
6. Entertained – We strive to deliver a valuable, enjoyable and delightful experience.
3. Adhere to department service standards of being Accurate, Attentive, and Trustworthy.
4. Interact with all guests and employees to positively affect interactions with guests and employees, and demonstrate resiliency to deal with difficult situations in all types of business conditions. Work effectively and courteously with fellow employees.
5. Maintains constant awareness of hotel occupancy in order to sell rooms.
6. Oversees and assures high standards of guest service at the front desk, PBX, coat check and gift shop.
7. Provides and monitors requested room types.
8. Able to Pre-block rooms and monitors special requests.
9. Answers phones in a courteous, informative, and timely manner.
10. Assists guests with coat check and luggage handling.
11. Assist hotel housekeeping as needed.
12. Demonstrates and follows cash handling procedures.
13. Maintains constant awareness of customer needs and offer assistance through product knowledge.
14. Maintains awareness of displays, cleanliness, and inventory needs. Notify management of any inventory needs or variances.
15. Oversees and assures high standards of guest service with each individual customer.
16. Assumes overall responsibility for the property switchboard including but not limited to phone calls, radio traffic, and emergency procedures- bomb threats, fire, tornado, terrorist, and communicates these situations to security, DCI, and property management.
17. Oversees and assures high standards of guest service on the telephone and radio.
18. Completes all company-required training within designated time frames.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
? Ability to move effectively and efficiently throughout the hotel areas – front of house, back of house, and gift shop.
? Ability to stand for a prolonged period of time.
? Ability to read and write
? Ability to use all the equipment associated with the position including, but not limited to, computer keyboard, telephone, radio, and Micros terminal.
? Ability to communicate effectively with guests and all levels of employees.
? Availability to work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, varied work schedules and holidays.
? Ability to work in a brightly lit, smoke filled casino environment with above average noise levels.
Education: None Required
Training/Experience: None Required
Job Knowledge: Sound technical and operational understanding of customer service and hotel operations.
? Must be able to obtain and maintain valid gaming license.
? Must be able to receive and maintain all required certification.
? Must complete all required company training.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting