Customer Service Representative
At Bill Colwell Ford, we work hard to make our customers happy by providing prompt service on their vehicles and a simple stress-free, buying experience. As a customer service representative, you will call customers after the sale or service of their vehicle and ensure a quality experience. You will answer any questions, provide product/services information, resolve any emerging problems, and encourage them to fill out the email survey from Ford Motor Company.
You do not need to be an expert in cars to apply – we are looking for an expert of people. You will be responsible for resolving any customer concerns by following up with other employees, keeping the customer informed, and documenting the process. We are looking for someone who is genuinely excited to help customers! Our ideal candidate has a customer service background with exceptional listening skills, especially someone who can solve problems and has the ability to thinking quickly while engaged in a conversation.
- Health insurance with multiple plan options
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Flex spending account
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid training
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule
- Company clothing allowance
- Employee discounts on new and preowned vehicle purchases, parts, and service
- State-of-the-art, brand-new facilities
- Separate employee breakroom with kitchen
- Make outbound calls to customers who recently had their vehicles serviced or purchased a vehicle, and ensure they had a great experience.
- Utilize the customer relationship management (CRM) tool and gather customer feedback, take notes of interactions, and update customer records.
- Follow-up with customers who fill out customer satisfaction surveys from Ford Motor Company.
- Resolve problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication.
- Become well versed in company operations to provide customers with initial product information and direct them to the appropriate dealership resources.
- Manage and respond to all positive online reviews, follow-up on negative reviews and make sure an online response is posted.
- Communicate and coordinate with colleagues and managers as necessary, keeping positive relationships with teammates, sales/service teams and dealership management.
- Take the extra mile to engage customers.
- At least one previous role based in customer service experience
- Previous collections or outbound generated phone calls a plus
- Excellent teammate with collaborative attitude and eagerness to improve
- Ability to take constructive criticism, be coachable and flexible
- Prompt and courteous demeanor
- Positive and hardworking personality
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent listening skills and an empathetic voice and manner
- Dedication to customer satisfaction
- Valid driver’s license
We are a family owned and operated Ford automotive dealership in Hudson, Iowa, (just outside of Waterloo/Cedar Falls) that has been serving the Cedar Valley for over 35 years. We believe our employees are the fuel that drives our business, so we treat each person like a valuable part of the team. Each team member can take advantage of our ongoing training programs, advancement opportunities and progressive culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting