Contact Center Representative I
Part-time Hybrid Remote Position $15 hour
Under general supervision and in compliance with established policies and procedures, the Contact Center Representative I is responsible for providing superior member service by conducting transactions accurately, assisting members with their financial goals, and promoting Veridian products and services over the phone.
- Provide quality interactions with inbound and outbound member calls that create an excellent service experience to promote the Veridian brand.
- Understand and be familiar with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) guidelines.
- Conduct member transactions including: loan payments, deposits, withdrawals, transfers and SWBC payments.
- Complete member requests including: opening certificates of deposit, processing wire transfers, ordering and blocking plastic cards, ordering checks, researching account information, initiation of direct deposit/ EFT/payroll deduction, etc.
- Actively cross-sell credit union services by providing information to current, new and potential members.
- Consistently achieve established monthly and annual sales and service goals.
- Actively refer members to appropriate position and/or department within all Veridian Companies.
- Maintain necessary departmental files, updating member/credit union information as required.
- Prepare and maintain reports as required.
- Maintain member confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proficient in answering member inquires surrounding: Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Remote Deposits, Bill Payment, Remote Transfers, etc.
- Support at the first point of contact through problem solving skills and utilization of resources in the areas of card services, rate inquiries, ACH, and Account Resolutions.
- Skilled in Member Contact Center software: EchoSign, SWBC, Jabber, Cisco Agent, ApplePay, etc.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Member service focus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Dependable and punctual; flexible during peak times.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to work without close supervision.
- Problem solving; analysis.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Occasionally lift and/or move items over 10 pounds.
- Remain sedentary (seated) for extended periods of time.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
Limited travel expected.
Required Education And Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Related work experience in customer service, preferably in a call center environment and/or at a financial institution.
- Proficiency in electronic services.
- Fluent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows Environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.ABOUT VERIDIAN CREDIT UNION
Veridian Credit Union, founded in 1934 in Waterloo, Iowa, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative dedicated to partnering with members to create successful financial futures. Veridian offers a competitive salary, benefit and incentive package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; group term life insurance, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans; and a yearly incentive program. Employees enjoy a supportive work environment where diversity is valued.
Veridian Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting