Cardinal Construction is seeking a full-time Project Manager - Commercial Construction. Resumes need to be submitted by May 28.
Summary and Overall Objectives of the Position
The Project Manager provides oversight on all assigned projects from conception through completion of finished structure. Project Managers are responsible for profitably managing all administrative and field construction activities to quality standards, while maintaining relationships with all stakeholders on assigned projects. Individuals in this role will often oversee multiple medium-sized projects, or a single large-sized project. Project Managers are expected to demonstrate leadership by following company standards and policies, achieving shared goals, developing others, and building high morale and commitment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Essential functions of this position include:
- Execute project subcontracts and purchase orders based upon submitted and awarded bids/ proposals
- Understand contract terms, budgets, insurances, bonds and change orders; ensure adherence including work progress being within scope
- Track changes and associated costs continuously as they arise for Owners, as well as for forecasting total project costs each month
- Direct and ensure the execution of Change Orders as needed
- Review invoices and submit monthly billings
- Assist with preconstruction efforts, as needed
- Detect constructability issues with project design
- Prepare and manage project schedules; identify and address long lead items; update project plan as required; initiate changes to ensure adherence
- Lead pre-construction, progress, scheduling and coordination meetings as required for all assigned projects; coordinate with design team members on assigned projects
- Respond to questions from jobsite superintendents, subcontractors and suppliers on a daily basis
- Review submittals as needed for all assigned projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The individual in this position must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Interpret contract documents
- Understand scopes of work for all parties on assigned projects
- Ability to lead meetings
- Understand construction schedules and ability to create/update/manage schedules utilizing scheduling software programs(s)
- Ability to prioritize project-related issues and understand the impact of changes
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to tactfully handle difficult situations
- Consistently show ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities independently.
- Demonstrate good judgment and reasoning when investigating and solving problems.
- Utilize computer and software systems necessary to execute tasks and reporting activities related to assigned projects (i.e. Timberline, Timberscan, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Outlook, Bluebeam, etc.)
Position Type and Expected Hours or Work
This position is full-time. Typical work hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The expected number of hours worked each week is a minimum of forty (40) hours, or more as needed to complete required functions within deadline.
Travel by motor vehicle to jobsites and client meetings is required. Any travel will take place primarily in the state of Iowa and will typically involve same day travel only. Overnight travel will be infrequent.
Required Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Construction Management, Construction Engineering.
Experience: At least three (3) years of commercial construction experience is required, including project management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Industry-specific certifications and/or training experience related to enhanced performance in Project Management position.
The individual in this position must:
- Maintain the confidentiality of information that may be imparted by clients.
- Demonstrate company core values of Positivity, Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, and Personal Accountability.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Cardinal Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment screening and physical. We offer an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Healthcare Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Paid Training
- Quarterly Staff Social Events
Cardinal Construction was founded in 1895. We are an employee-owned company, dedicated to creating a positive experience for our Clients through integrity, service and exceptional workmanship. We treat all members of our team fairly and are committed to continuous improvement at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Angie Joerger, Human Resource Manager
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting