Official Scorer (Fill-In)
Position: Official Scorer (Fill-In)
Overview: This position will be a key member of the game-day Press Box staff, scoring various Bucks home games.
- Obtaining each team’s lineup 30 minutes before each game’s first pitch.
- Entering lineups into both the Official Scorer laptop and the Video Board Scoring computer.
- Keeping score for both the Northwoods League scorebook and in-house Video Board scorebook.
- Ruling on key scoring situations as the game dictates.
- Finalizing scorebooks at end of game and submitting for league review.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Have the willingness to sit throughout the duration of their shift(s).
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of baseball and the proper scoring of baseball games.
- Online training courses as to the usage of the scoring software will be provided.
- Dependability- displays punctuality, follows instruction, and responds to manager’s instructions.
- Willingness to represent the Waterloo Bucks in a positive manner.
- High attention to detail.
- Previous similar experience preferred but not required.
Contact: Dan Corbin, General Manager - 319-232-0500 x2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Employment: Part-Time,Seasonal