Presidential Events Coordinator, Part-time
Function of Position:
This part-time position is responsible to the Executive Administrator for the President’s Office and Secretary to the Board of Regents to attend, supervise, and assist at all presidential events, including coordination and execution of all events at the Presidential residence Greenwood. Position requires varied hours including evenings and weekends based on event schedule.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and execute all presidential events including, but not limited to, events at Greenwood, outdoor events, and all indoor meetings, meals, and receptions. Establish and execute defined protocols for scheduling, menu planning, budgeting, staffing, and serving at all presidential events. (40%)
- Work closely and respectfully with staff from Dining Services, Operations and Maintenance, ITS, and Wells Hollow Landscaping to coordinate, plan, and oversee all necessary maintenance and preparation for successful presidential events. This includes, but not limited to, lawn preparation and maintenance, winter preparation and maintenance, guest safety (parking; sidewalk and walkway salting; golf cart service), indoor cleaning and preparation, staffing, decorations when appropriate, flowers when appropriate, table service set-up, food and beverage service set-up, RSVPS and seating arrangements, linens as appropriate, and staging/entertainment, as necessary. (20%)
- Work closely and respectfully with internal and external customers including faculty/staff/students, the BOR, and community groups, to support the mission of the college by ensuring that Greenwood is a successful and pleasant venue option for their events. (15%)
- Oversee and manage the Greenwood calendar of events. Meet regularly with the President, the Executive Administrator for the President’s Office, and the Administrative Assistant in the President’s Office, to discuss the events calendar and provide updates on upcoming functions and events. (10%)
- Maintain an inventory of college china, crystal, silverware, linens, and service items stored and used at Greenwood. (5%)
- Maintain an annual log of each event at Greenwood, including the purpose of the event, the sponsoring department or group, the number of attendees, the menu, and notes regarding special instructions and dietary restrictions/food and drink preferences of reoccurring guests. (5%)
- Execute necessary contracts and oversee payment of bills by the Administrative Assistant. (5%)
Supervision and Expectations
- Employee proceeds independently, working toward established objectives, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. Employee prioritizes own work and refers unusual cases to supervisor.
- Employee must maintain the highest professional and ethical conduct, using discretion, maintaining confidentiality, working collaboratively, and communicating clearly and sensitively with all persons.
- Employee demonstrates an understanding that every college employee is a mentor to students, responsible for challenging and nurturing them for lives of leadership and service as a spirited expression of their faith and learning.
3-5 years’ experience in hospitality/dining services, special event planning, etc. Excellent organizational, written, oral communication, interpersonal, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills are essential. The successful candidate will also possess flexibility, creativity, a positive attitude, highly motivated, and ability to work as part of a team. Proficiency with computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, digital invitations and RSVPs, and zoom experience preferred; experience in a higher education environment is a plus.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting