Office Coordinator – Journalism & Communication and Student Success Center
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Chair of the Journalism & Communication and Associate Dean of Students for providing clerical support. This is a full-time, 10-month position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Journalism & Communication –
- Provide clerical support to the Journalism & Communication faculty and Student Organizations.
- Compose and edit email correspondence and other office receptionist duties.
- Establish and maintain department records, databases, and equipment checkout records.
- Coordinate the departmental budgeting process, pay bills.
- Set up meetings, manage schedules, and maintain room schedules for KV events and classes.
- Hire requests, additions, corrections for Knight Vision and work study time clock issues and approvals.
- Event coordinating – Homecoming, Visit Day, RICE DAY, Spring Banquet, among others.
- Take notes and post online for Department Meetings, KV Exec, and Student Org Leaders.
- Coordinate subscribers list, and collation of archived copies of student newspaper.
- Compile information for monthly mailing to potential students.
- Oversee office equipment and supplies; recommend, select and order supplies and equipment.
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate student employees.
- Coordinate materials for Scholarship Days, update hallway award displays.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to members of the Student Success Center (SSC) team
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and greets visitors by exhibiting professional communication
- Assist with purchasing office equipment and supplies; recommend, select, and order supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate and manage databases and reports for the Graduate Status Report as a part of the Student Success Center assessment on a yearly basis. Train students to follow up with recent graduates regarding their employment status.
- Assist with organization and logistics of events such as mock interview days, career/graduate/professional school, internships and camp fairs, resume collections, SOAR Days, employer information tables, professional development speaker sessions and class presentations.
- Assist employers with posting internships and jobs on Handshake. Regularly monitor and approve employer and student activity on Handshake.
- NARS tracking (yearly process) – any student completing a field experience or internship out-of-state.
- Management of internship and field experience learning contracts (scanning, organizing, and tracking each semester).
- Process Wartburg West and Des Moines Urban Studies applications (scanning to shared drive, preparing excel applicant lists by term, send out acceptance letters and commitment forms).
- Provide direction and assistance for Student Success Coaches (student employees) working within the SSC.
- Complete hire requests, additions, timeclock corrections for approximately 50 SSC work study students.
- Assist with tracking hours and coordinating agreements/scheduling for the Residence Service-Learning Suites.
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and consults with the supervisor on unusual cases.
Minimum two years clerical experience and/or training; working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software; excellent writing, event planning and verbal communication skills. Prefer prior experiences in an academic setting and supervisory experience.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time