High School Relations Assistant (Part-time)
The High School Relations Assistant is part of the High School Relations Team that handles joint enrollment courses between Hawkeye Community College and service district high schools. This position delivers high level customer service by assisting students with system issues related to Canvas, My Hawkeye, and the Concurrent Registration System, textbook inquiries, monitoring High School Relations in-bound phone calls and email inbox. This position will be responsible for scheduling and assisting with joint enrollment (concurrent) registration sessions, providing textbook information to vendors, assisting with the roster confirmation process, and communicates with Admissions regarding joint enrollment students in the CRM system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Point person for incoming phone calls and emails for High School Relations
- Troubleshoots high school student issues related to Canvas and MyHawkeye
- Schedules registration sessions with service district high schools
- Assists with the registration process, including updating student records and roster confirmations
- Documents joint enrollment students in CRM and communicates with Admissions Representatives
- Maintains and updates High School Relations registration documents.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of High School Relations
- Associate’s degree in education, communications, business, social sciences or related field
- One year of experience in college recruitment, student services, or in a customer relations field
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations, faculty, staff, students, and general public
- Working knowledge of computer systems involving Google Suite or equivalent Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated strong oral, written, computer, and CRM skills
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable to drive a college vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience in college recruitment, student services, or in a customer relations field
- Graduate of community college or experience working at a community college
- Experience and/or knowledge of joint enrollment, concurrent, and or dual enrollment Programs
- Working knowledge of Datatel Colleague
Part-time position averaging 24-27 hours per week. Anticipated hours will be between 8:00 a.m and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position offers a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).
- Complete online application at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/employment including a resume, 3 references and a cover letter that briefly addresses:
- Explain your working knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Goggle Suite and/or a Customer Relations Management system or student information systems.
- Share any experience you have had in providing customer service to students, faculty, staff, and/or the general public.
- Submit online application and all required materials by the deadline.
Working Conditions Example: Requires skills for succeeding in an office environment, using technology. Requires good hand-eye coordinator including visual acuity to use a keyboard and read technical information; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
Work is performed in an office setting. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours. During course of day, interact with student, faculty and staff in person, by telephone and computers.
Hawkeye Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to equity and diversity in its educational services and employment practices: https://www.hawkeyecollege.edu/about/diversity-inclusion/equal-opportunity. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex; race; age; color; creed; national origin; religion; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; or actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices. Veteran status is also included to the extent covered by law. Any person alleging a violation of equity regulations shall have the right to file a formal complaint. Inquiries concerning application of this statement should be addressed to: Equity Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator for employees, 319-296-4405; or Title IX Coordinator for students, 319-296-4448; Hawkeye Community College, 1501 East Orange Road, P.O. Box 8015, Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015; or email equity-titleIX@hawkeyecollege.edu, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
If any applicant is in need of a reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please notify a member of Human Resource Services.
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting