Donor Relations Office Coordinator
Function of Position:
Provide general support within Institutional Advancement, assisting Development and Annual Giving with preparation and execution of ongoing donor engagement and stewardship activities and daily operations. Reports to the Associate Director-Institutional Advancement, Prospect Management and Research. Limited evening and/or weekend work for special events or projects required. Incumbent works with students, team members, college employees, donors, and/or guests of the college, treating all with respect.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general office support for the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and other Development and Annual Giving staff, as needed.
- Generate specialized gift acknowledgment correspondence such as employee matching gift, memorial gift, and/or other donor letters (edit letters, generate address lists, utilize mail merge, create envelopes).
- Provide logistical support and coordination for donor acknowledgment activities and events including Christmas with Wartburg, President’s Round Table, Homecoming, Endowed Chair recognition, and other special events.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with staff and/or external constituents.
- Prepare correspondence/invitations/mailings.
- Track RSVP’s and guest lists.
- Arrange meeting areas and hospitality needs.
- Assist with travel/lodging arrangements.
- Order donor plaques or medals, as appropriate.
- Create nametags, seating charts, place cards, etc.
- Coordinate meal counts and dietary needs with Dining Services.
- Provide hosting services.
- Setup/teardown during events.
- Collaborate with other divisions, staff, or constituents as needed.
- Assist with activities specifically related to Annual Giving/Tower Society stewardship and donor recognition.
- Prepare welcome packet information with certificates and envelopes to send to members.
- Prepare and mail end of year benefits.
- Collaborate on printing lists and annual plaques for Tower Society and other giving recognition.
- Help develop and distribute monthly thank you letters for major gift donors.
- Assist with the production and distribution of large mailings and other special project communications (such as scholarship thank you’s, faculty/staff appeal).
- Create and distribute various constituent information reports.
- Assist with volunteer leadership tracking in collaboration with the President’s Office.
- Prepare payment vouchers, credit card expenses, budget information, sponsorship invoices, and other materials as requested.
- Welcome and greet donors, alumni, students, and staff; receive guests to the Institutional Advancement office, provide directions, escort visitors on campus.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail.
- Answer phones; receive and respond to constituents’ requests for information, field questions, take messages, transfer calls.
- Support other Institutional Advancement projects as needed, providing collaboration or backup to other Office Coordinators.
- Schedule meetings, reserve rooms, maintain calendars.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including potentially supervising student employees.
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and refers only unusual cases to the supervisor.
Requires knowledge equivalent to an Associate's Degree plus two years of related experience; proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote); strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills; attention to detail and accuracy; aptitude for utilizing a comprehensive constituent database, online tools, and other software/technology resources; ability to collaborate in a team environment; capable of organizing and prioritizing multiple work assignments; ability to contribute to the cultivation of positive relationships on behalf of the college; ability to maintain confidentiality standards in safeguarding donor information/records; appreciation for the liberal arts college environment and mission of Wartburg.
Send letter of interest including a statement regarding qualities within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time