Dining Services Office/Business Operations Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate board plan execution through ID and board plan management system from CBORD (downloads in conjunction with IT department). Insure accurate handling and accounting of meal plans, points, All Campus Spending, and other accounts and billing of manual adjustments. Arrange for early start-up, for groups and individually, communicate with other departments, make sure dining and access plans are working properly and solve related issues, track activity, and insure billing is accurate. Prepare and execute departmental billing process. Prepare conference cards for dining access, create and implement conference board plans. Coordinate camp, conference and event billing with dining services and conference staff to insure accuracy. Prepare conference and event billing for both on and off campus customers. Send off campus billings customers and follow up to insure payment. (18%)
2. Count cash income and prepare deposits. Reconcile Points and All Campus Spending for Wartburg Store, Controller's Office, all dining locations, and Dining Services office. Reconcile dining service register reports including GET, cash, charges, gift certificates, credit cards, points, All Campus Spending and departmental charges. Insure student charges are accurate and properly communicated to Business Office. (16%)
3. Communicate with customers in person, by phone and email, place sales orders and communicate information through proper channels. Receive orders (i.e. take-out orders, group sack lunches, picnic orders, and group reservations) and advise customers concerning food requests. Greet and assist students, faculty, staff, guests, repair persons, sales persons and purveyors. Answer phones; take messages, respond, make appointments or refer. (15%) 4. Serve as primary dining contact with CBORD regarding system problems. Maintain knowledge of system through training and on the job experience (i.e. by attendance at CBORD conference and phone contact regarding problems) and keep Director of Dining Services updated on changes and requirements. (10%)
5. Process all accounts payable and accounts receivable; maintain accounting records of all transactions. Manage gift card program. Process and reconcile rebates from purchased products. Procure office and other dining service supplies, including items for operations; Coordinate ordering Dining Services materials from the Digital Print Center. (9%)
6. Take pictures and process ID cards for faculty, staff, students, Eisenach Village community members, retirees. Process Wartburg ID badges for department employees and student teachers. Issue and bill for temporary and replacement cards. Coordinate with outside businesses to order new nametags for Dining Staff. (8%)
7. Coordinate dinner and special event tasks (i.e. meal deducts); Generate communications, signs, name tags, labels, and other printed materials. Print and post appropriate campus communications to Dining Services staff and make sure staff have accurate information. (7%) 8. Train and supervise student office workers and student checkers. Provide instructions for cashiers regarding procedures. Follow up on issues relating to balancing transactions. Hold weekly cashier meetings for full time and student cashiers. (7%)
9. Assist with timekeeping functions for full and part time staff. Instruct staff on use, answer policy and procedure questions. Insure staff complete records and requests including FMLA requests, needed medical releases, bereavement leave documents. Prepare and submit required documents for temporary staff. (5%)
10. Perform tasks for, supervise and direct all general office activities such as correspondence, filing systems, office equipment. Set up equipment and communicate with users to have card readers used for voting and student activities. (3%)
11. Represent dining services to the college and community. Explain policies and procedures to customers. Listen to student feedback, handle concerns or forward as appropriate. Attend meetings, contribute to and assist with implementation of procedures for operational improvements, etc. (2%)
12. Other related duties as assigned. Supervision:
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and refers only unusual cases to the supervisor. Minimum Qualifications: Requires a high school diploma, two years or equivalent of higher education or two years effective experience. 2 or 4 year degree in business, accounting or finance preferred. Excellent customer service skills, math and analytical skills, computer technical skills, and customer service skills. A general understanding of database functioning and a general understanding of accounting are essential.
Please complete the online application found at our website www.wartburg.edu/hr or you can send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
WARTBURG COLLEGE is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively
Type of Employment: Full-Time