This position recruits prospective students through outreach activities, and social media campaigns that increase student enrollment at the College. Coordinates and supports prospective student campus visits, including individual student visits and campus visitation programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recruits prospective students in assigned territories through on-site visits, phone, and email.
- Conducts high school visits at select state and regional school systems.
- Visits and supports agencies/organizations to update their staff and clients on opportunities at Hawkeye.
- Utilizes Recruit CRM to contact and track prospective students.
- Assists with on campus activities and organizations.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with high school students, counselors and other professional staff.
- Assists with recruitment and registration of students in concurrent college classes.
- Attends college fairs and other promotional events.
- Works evenings and weekends
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 1 year experience in public relations, marketing, communications, social sciences, business, or education OR a combination of education and related experience to equal three years.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and provide customer service for diverse populations (faculty, staff, students, and general public).
- Demonstrated ability in strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks and to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow complex oral and written directions.
- Must be highly proficient using all Microsoft Office and/or Google programs.
- Project a positive professional image.
- Valid driver’s license, insurable.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Community College education and/or work experience
- Experience with a higher education management software, such as Colleague, Banner, or Customer Relationship Management (CRM), or Jenzabar.
- Experience working with secondary/post-secondary faculty, staff, and students.
Full time position with a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; holiday, personal, sick, and vacation leave; and a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution). Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s education and experience.
- Complete online application at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/employment including a resume, 3 references and a cover letter that briefly addresses:
- Explain your working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, a Customer Relations Management system, and student information systems.
- Provide any experience you have had in customer service to students, faculty, staff, and/or the general public.
- Describe any experience you have had with college admissions and/or recruiting.
- Describe your experience working with diverse populations.
- Submit online application and all required materials by the deadline.
Work is performed in an office setting. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours. During course of day, interact with student, faculty and staff in person, by telephone and computers.
Hawkeye Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to equity and diversity in its educational services and employment practices: https://www.hawkeyecollege.edu/about/diversity-inclusion/equal-opportunity. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex; race; age; color; creed; national origin; religion; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; or actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices. Veteran status is also included to the extent covered by law. Any person alleging a violation of equity regulations shall have the right to file a formal complaint. Inquiries concerning application of this statement should be addressed to: Equity Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator for employees, 319-296-4405; or Title IX Coordinator for students, 319-296-4448; Hawkeye Community College, 1501 East Orange Road, P.O. Box 8015, Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015; or email equity-titleIX@hawkeyecollege.edu, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
If any applicant is in need of a reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please notify a member of Human Resource Services.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting