Administrative Assistant II – Applied Technologies
Have you ever thought about working with faculty and students? Do you enjoy working in an office setting and are detail oriented? If so, Hawkeye Community College has a great opportunity for you to make a difference in an educational setting.
The School of Applied Technologies is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant II to join their team. In this position, you will work in a fun and fast paced area that offers a wide variety of day-to-day activities and interactions with exceptional faculty and students. You will provide administrative support to the Dean as well as perform a variety of administrative support services for special projects, committees, functions and activities for our fifteen diverse, career building programs.
Furthermore, as our Administrative Assistant II, you will provide excellent customer service, maintain customer confidence and protect operational integrity by keeping information confidential. Overall, this position is responsible for performing transactional functions such as requisition entry, office scheduling and attending to office phone, email and walk-in traffic.
Hawkeye Community College is a comprehensive community college focused on meeting the needs of the community by providing quality, affordable learning experiences for a diverse student body through our Adult Learning Center, Business and Community Education Department as well as through more than 50 career and technical programs and liberal arts transfer programs. Hawkeye Community College’s mission is about empowering students, strengthening businesses and enriching communities with a vision to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve.
Essential Job Functions
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains Dean’s calendar. Responsible for scheduling meetings, events, and appointments.
- Fields incoming office inquiries via in-person, telephone, or email.
- Maintains effective and efficient flow of communication and information through calendars, correspondence, memos, messages and office records.
- Serves and facilitates college committee meetings, by providing the following services: calendar and room scheduling, agenda preparation, taking meeting minutes, and organizes specific event tasks as assigned by the Dean.
- Makes business travel arrangements for staff as needed.
- Coordinates social gatherings for department, as needed.
- Assists the Dean in reading, researching, and routing correspondence such as drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating telecommunications.
- Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; arranging for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Receives, prepares, and submits requisitions into Colleague.
- Fields incoming student requests and route to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality with sensitive information.
- May be assigned to assist students regarding class registration.
- Participates in campus committees as assigned.
Position Specific Duties
- Submits faculty assignments into Colleague, including concurrent assignments.
- Fields and submits day-to-day Hawkeye Service requests from faculty and staff into Hippo.
- Prepares special assignment pay paperwork and overloads pay paperwork.
- Updates the full-time faculty list and adjunct lists each semester, including updating the directory and distribution lists.
- Prepares, formats, and displays classroom schedules each semester. Tracks any changes that occur.
- Prepares, formats, and displays faculty schedules each semester. Tracks any changes that occur.
- Tracks faculty syllabi submissions.
- Processes requisitions via Colleague, processes faculty special assignment pay, sub pay, and CSAR.
- Submits sub pay for faculty as needed.
- Prepares advisory committees to include sending invites, tracking attendance, and taking meeting minutes. Updates advisory committee member lists.
- Prepares MORE packets for assigned program, including running student evaluations. Fields incoming calls from students and signs them up for the MORE sessions. Notifies Student Services on which session student is attending; check students on the day of their MORE session; and adds the cluster code into Colleague so they can register for classes.
- When applicable, maintains and updates clinical contracts for all clinical sites used by HCC. Sends new contracts and tracks for signatures. Maintains clinical site list for faculty use.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Unless otherwise approved under Hawkeye’s remote work policy, regular on campus and/or onsite attendance is considered an essential function of the position.
- Completion of an Associate’s degree and four (4) years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or related field or a combination of education and experience to total six (6) years.
- Knowledge of financial rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion.
- Experience with making travel arrangements for senior staff or leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and via written correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow complex oral and written directions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse student population, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal communication.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications, and video conferencing technology.
- Demonstrated ability to execute organization and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of general office equipment, procedure and protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate effective organizational skills to manage multiple and shifting tasks/demands to meet timely deadlines.
- Experience in an educational setting.
- Community college experience.
Anticipated schedule is Monday through Friday days with an occasional evening and weekend hours.
Work is performed either in or a combination of an office and/or classroom setting using technology. Requires good hand-eye coordination including visual acuity to use a keyboard and read technical information; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move frequently during working hours. During course of day, interact with students, faculty and staff in person, by telephone and computers.
Full-time, nonexempt position with comprehensive or competitive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; holiday, personal, sick, and vacation leave; tuition reimbursement; and a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).
- Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s education and experience.
- The salary range for this position begins at $37,500.
- Complete an online application at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/employment
- Submit/upload a cover letter
- Submit/upload a resume.
- Submit/upload 3 professional references with a minimum of 1 being from a current/past supervisor.
- Priority screening is set to begin on Monday, March 4, 2024. Completed applications, along with the required materials, received after the priority screening date will be considered at the discretion of the college.
Hawkeye Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to equity and diversity in its educational services and employment practices: https://www.hawkeyecollege.edu/about/diversity-inclusion/equal-opportunity. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex; race; age; color; creed; national origin; religion; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; or actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices. Veteran status is also included to the extent covered by law. Any person alleging a violation of equity regulations shall have the right to file a formal complaint. Inquiries concerning application of this statement should be addressed to: Equity Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator for employees, 319-296-4405; or Title IX Coordinator for students, 319-296-4448; Hawkeye Community College, 1501 East Orange Road, P.O. Box 8015, Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015; or email equity-titleIX@hawkeyecollege.edu, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
If any applicant is in need of a reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please notify a member of Human Resource Services.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting