Main Street Waterloo is a non-profit organization dedicated to maintaining and enhancing the vitality of our
downtown center through historic renovation, economic development, and community engagement. We are seeking a mission-driven, customer-service oriented, well-organized, dependable individual for the Administrative Assistant position. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for staffing the front desk, supporting the administrative functions of the organization, and supporting Main Street Waterloo’s development and fundraising effort. The position works closely with staff, and volunteers to maintain a friendly and inviting setting. The position is typically Monday through Friday, 25 hours per week. There may be times when this person is asked to work outside of the regular office hours.
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Support staff through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the organization’s concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the first point of contact for all who call and enter the office.
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Answer telephone calls, answer questions, and pass them on if needed.
- Organize and schedule travel arrangements.
- Assist with record management and bookkeeping.
- Assist in applying for grants, contacting donors, performing surveys, processing donations, and event planning.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Work with various teams in coordinating events, agendas, keeping track of materials, and managing print and email communications. This includes taking accurate minutes of meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports, wrap-up analysis and maintenance of historical data.
- Develop and maintain a computer and manual filing system.
- Research and creates presentations.
- Handle multiple projects at a time.
- Prepare and monitor invoices.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Resolve administrative problems.
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail.
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and QuickBooks.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to show initiative.
- Comfortable with social media management.
- Comfortable with utilizing Google Suite products.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Verbal Communication
- Telephone Skills
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Social Media Skills
- Google Suite Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Problem Solving
- Supply Management
- Discretion and Judgment
How to Apply:
- Mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Employment: Part-Time